Published May 2021 | 96 pages, 61 tables, 17 figures | Table of contents
Single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) are one-atom-thick rolled-up graphene sheets, typically with diameters between 0.6 and 2.0 nm and lengths up to 500 mm. Owing to their unique structure, they exhibit excellent electronic, thermal, and mechanical properties including:
- Incredible strength (they are 100 times stronger than steel at one sixth the weight);
- Electrical conductivity as high as copper, but five times lighter;
- Thermal conductivity as high as diamond (up to 1000oC);
- Huge surface area;
- Highest length-to-diameter ratio;
- Thermal stability;
- Chemical inertness (SWCNTs are compatible with almost all materials).
Due to these unique properties, SWCNTs have great potential for utilisation as a multi-functional additive and as the basis for creating new products with previously unattainable properties. And this can be achieved using a very low concentration of SWCNTs – starting from 0.01% of the total weight of the material.
However, SWCNTs have not been used in industry until recently owing to the absence of technology for their mass production and, as a consequence, their high price. This has recently charge due to improvements in manufacturing and capacity increases and they are finding wider application in thin-film transistors, fuel cells, lithium-ion batteries, rubber, composites, coatings and more.
Report contents include:
- Properties of SWCNTs.
- Assessment of economic prospects of the market for SWCNTs
- Market trends impacting the market for SWCNTs
- Main applications and markets for SWCNTs. Markets covered include composites, coatings, rubber additives, batteries, fuel cells, supercapacitors, construction materials, thermal interphase materials (TIM), plastics, electronics, power cables, adhesives and lubricants.
- Demand for SWCNTs by market
- SWCNT market demand forecast (tons), 2018-2030
- Annual production capacity of the key SWCNT producers
- In-depth SWCNT producer profiles. Producers profiled include Chasm Advanced Materials, Meijo Nano Carbon, Nanointegris, Nano-C, OCSiAl , Thomas Swan and Zeon Nano Technology.
The Global Market for Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes 2021
Print edition (including tracked delivery).
Payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Alipay (on request), Paypal.
To purchase by invoice (bank transfer or cheque) contact email@example.com