Rode unveiled its RodeCaster Pro II Monday, giving content creators a powerful production studio tool that adds features over its popular predecessor, the RodeCaster Pro.
The update provides an all-in-one audio tool for streamers, podcasters, musicians and other content creators at a price you don’t need to be famous to afford.
New RodeCaster Pro II is an all-in-one audio tool for content creators
Recently Rode has released next-gen audio gear across every content creation genre — much of it affordable. Releases include the NTH 100 headphones, AI Micro audio interface and the tiny Lavalier II microphone.
The more compact second-generation RodeCaster Pro II has much in common with its predecessor in terms of ease-of-use. There are large, brightly colored buttons and control sliders to make it easy to run your podcast, stream or studio session.
But in addition to the similarities, there are interesting new features, too.
Now you can use onboard audio-editing features to help speed up production. The RodeCaster Pro II features two USB-C connection options, ethernet and WiFi connectivity, and Bluetooth.
You will also find a microSD port on the unit, which lets you record to a microSD card. With the USB-C port, you can connect an external SSD and record to it.
RodeCaster Pro II’s key features, according to Rode:
- Audio solution for content creators, including podcasters, live streamers, musicians and others.
- Ultra-low-noise, high-gain Revolution Preamps deliver quality audio with clarity and transparency.
- High-performance quad-core audio engine delivers significantly more processing power than any other content creation console.
- Studio-quality APHEX audio processing for superior sound quality and unmatched flexibility in any recording application.
- Powerful on-board effects, including reverb, echo, robot, pitch shifting and more unlock creative possibilities.
- Groundbreaking SMART pads can trigger sounds, voice effects, MIDI commands and mixer actions — eight banks of eight pads for 64 unique actions.
- Customizable with nine individually assignable channels, on-board granular editing, fully programmable SMART pads and more.
- Advanced Bluetooth connectivity with wide-band speech for high-quality phone-call integration and audio streaming and wireless monitoring.
- Dual USB-C interfaces connect two computers or mobile devices, studio-grade Neutrik combo inputs for connecting microphones and instruments, plus Wi-Fi, Ethernet and more.
- 5.5-inch high-definition touchscreen (with haptic feedback) and rotary encoder for easy navigation and control.
You can preorder it now. Rode said shipments commence in June.
Where to preorder: Rode