I appeared for the AVAYA test + Interview in July 2022 through college placement for a Software Engineer role. Total 3 rounds conducted
Round 1(Test Aptitude + Technical MCQS + Coding Qs): So round 1 was of average level. The Technical MCQs was based on Core subjects like Operating system, Computer Network, Object-Oriented programming, and C/C++ Programming. There were 2 coding questions 1 was easy based on the array and another was medium. I was able to solve the first question.
The test was divided into the following sections.
- 30 Aptitude questions – 30 mins
- 20 Technical MCQs – 30 Mins
- 2 Coding Questions – 20 mins.
Round 2 (Technical ): After giving the test they announced a shortlist for the interview of 33 students I was one of them. Round 2 was on the same day just after the results of round 1 and lasted for almost 45-50min. 2 people were interviewing me.
- The interview started with questions based on the internship I had done previously and a lot of questions based on the work I have done in my previous internship.
- They asked a lot of questions about computer networks.
- Explain Client-server architecture.
- How socket works? write code of working of the socket.
- OSI Model. Told me to explain Each Layer.
- Questions on the Operating system.
- Process Synchronization? Algorithms?
- Process vs Thread.
- How do threads share the same memory? Write code
- Critical Section problem, Semaphores
- Q’s on a resume.
- Write code on the Insert node in the middle of the Linked List.
- Detect loop in LL. Write code.
- Array Q’s. an array of objects CPP
- Heap stack
- Tree graphs time complexity traversal algorithm real-time ex
- LL vs array
Round 3 ( Technical + HR): Round 3 was on the same day.
- Asked Questions about family background
- Given one code asked me the output.
- puzzles 3-4
- what are your strengths
- where you see yourself after 5 yrs
- Higher studies plans
- Situation-based questions
- What do you do in your free time.
- How to resolve conflicts in the team.
- How to handle critical situations.
Suggestions: You should know everything about your projects and technologies. You should have basic knowledge of OS, DBMS, CN, OOPs, And DSA subjects.